South America April - June 2010, Eastern Europe 2009

For the sake of keeping all blog posts in one place, going to keep this Europe travel blog page rolling...



Thursday, May 28, 2009

Arrival

This is mostly for the parentals, but thought I would announce that we have arrived safe and soundly after a looong day of travel.
So far, so good, other than the fact that I lost my Visa within the first 20 mins of arrival into Bucharest - my parents aren't shocked, I'm sure. So upon arriving, tired, hot, hungry and having lost a key piece of money/ id, we got to beautiful Bucharest without any other major hitches.

Favourite parts of the trip so far:
- bird, cowbell, and goat noises in the train in Zurich Switzerlamd (maybe also a faint RICOLLAA in the background).
- bottomless elevator we almost stepped in
- 2 dollar beers
- a significant lack of English.

Talk soon,
Jess

1 comment: